Welcome to Pilkipedia, Guest! We hope you enjoy the boards available for you to browse here in secrecy.
However why not sign up to the forum to browse the several hidden boards and contribute to our growing community!

An Idiot Abroad 3

A board dedicated to news, interviews and current projects featuring Ricky Gervais, Stephen Merchant, and Karl Pilkington.

Moderators: Gtpod, Barrylad

An Idiot Abroad 3

Postby Paute » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 12:57 pm

Sky confirms Idiot Abroad 3

Sky1 has confirmed a two-part An Idiot Abroad special which will feature Karl Pilkington travelling the globe with Warwick Davis.

An Idiot Abroad: The Short Way Round is a 2 x 60 minute show, made by Risk Productions and Me & You Productions, in which the pair will be directed by Ricky Gervais to trace the footsteps of famous explorer Marco Polo in a journey from Italy to China.

The show, which kicked off pre-production last monthahead of a TX later this year, follows the second series of the comedy travelogue An Idiot Abroad which drew an average of almost 1m viewers.

The 5,000 mile journey will follow the duo as Karl makes his witty observations about the cultures and traditions while Warwick encounters life overseas as a little person.

Gervais said: “Karl once said to me that opposites attract. Warwick Davis is sociable, hardworking and never complains. They should get along fine.”

Pilkington added: “I don’t know how it will work out. Honestly. Edmund Hillary had that Tenzing fella, Ben Fogle had James Cracknell. I’ve been given an Ewok.”

Sky’s head of factual Celia Taylor, who ordered and will exec produce the series said “An Idiot Abroad has been a huge success for Sky 1 HD and we are thrilled that Karl is back on the channel for The Short Way Round, which with the addition of the brilliant Warwick Davis, looks set to be the most entertaining yet.”

Ricky Gervais, Richard Yee and Krishnendu Majumdar will exec produce for Risk.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/broadcasters/sky-confirms-idiot-abroad-3/5040907.article
We make television for a British audience and it's still amazing to me that most countries in the world have my fat face beamed into homes once a week. Ricky Gervais - Ricky´s Tumblr

@Paula_Python
Paute

Reputation point: 442

Re: An Idiot Abroad 3

Postby ike » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 1:04 pm

Paute wrote:Pilkington added: “I don’t know how it will work out. Honestly. Edmund Hillary had that Tenzing fella, Ben Fogle had James Cracknell. I’ve been given an Ewok.”

And with that quote, I'm sold on this already.
Shed Seven ‏@shedseven
"@rickygervais If it was the office we’d be gutted - if it was Extras we’d be miffed - as for Derek - think we’ve had a lucky escape!!! :)"
ike

Reputation point: 4392

Postby Vahl » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 2:31 pm

Sweet. Italy to China! this is really exciting.
"Happy and teeth and ears"
Vahl

Reputation point: 40

Postby ThisTricycle » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 3:31 pm

No Steve?
ThisTricycle

Reputation point: 110

Postby having a stroke » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 4:12 pm

60 minutes? How long was a normal episode of Idiot Abroad, was it 40-ish?
having a stroke

Reputation point: 14

Postby EinHistory » Thu 26 Apr, 2012 5:20 pm

No, 60' with adverts. Sounds great.
"Everyone's raving about Galileo."
EinHistory

Reputation point: 4

Postby mikey-bizzle » Fri 27 Apr, 2012 10:09 am

ThisTricycle wrote:No Steve?

Was thinking the same thing. Surely he will be involved he's gotta be
mikey-bizzle

Reputation point: -29

Postby F'ing Mong » Fri 27 Apr, 2012 11:15 am

I can't see his (possible) absence mattering all that much. He never did bring much to the show.
F'ing Mong

Reputation point: 193

Postby ThisTricycle » Fri 27 Apr, 2012 5:20 pm

Maybe Steve wants to distance himself from Ricky's 'odd people' obession (LTS, Derek, dwarf-in-a-bicycle-basket...)
ThisTricycle

Reputation point: 110

Postby ike » Fri 27 Apr, 2012 7:24 pm

If Ricky didn't have an 'odd people' obsession he and Steve might never have been friends in the first place.
Shed Seven ‏@shedseven
"@rickygervais If it was the office we’d be gutted - if it was Extras we’d be miffed - as for Derek - think we’ve had a lucky escape!!! :)"
ike

Reputation point: 4392

Postby Paute » Sat 28 Apr, 2012 1:36 pm

ike wrote:If Ricky didn't have an 'odd people' obsession he and Steve might never have been friends in the first place.
We make television for a British audience and it's still amazing to me that most countries in the world have my fat face beamed into homes once a week. Ricky Gervais - Ricky´s Tumblr

@Paula_Python
Paute

Reputation point: 442

Postby candy_p » Sat 28 Apr, 2012 2:41 pm

F'ing Mong wrote:I can't see his (possible) absence mattering all that much. He never did bring much to the show.

This. It's always nice to see all three together, though.
candy_p

Reputation point: 340

Postby CantSayBien » Sat 28 Apr, 2012 3:03 pm

^ What's with the avatar? I've been learning Spanish via that guy's youtube videos
English (quite good)
CantSayBien

Reputation point: 543

Postby candy_p » Sat 28 Apr, 2012 4:14 pm

What'chu talkin' 'bout?
candy_p

Reputation point: 340

Postby CantSayBien » Sat 28 Apr, 2012 4:21 pm

LOL what the fuck, looks like Google Chrome is arbitrarily replacing images with other images in the cache, or something

I loaded the forum in IE and got the real one

Weird how it consistently shows the wrong image when when I open your profile, and nobody else's avatars seem to be wrong
English (quite good)
CantSayBien

Reputation point: 543

Next

Return to News