Cheeky Freak of the Week
If there's anything that fascinates Karl more than monkeys, it's freaks. His favourite film is The Elephant Man, and his prized possession is a little book of freaks from FHM, which, for some time, he carried everywhere.
It was out of this interest that Cheeky Freak of the Week was born, in 2003. Similar in format to Monkey News, it involved Karl informing Ricky and Steve about a freak he'd discovered. Karl was always keen to stress that the feature wasn't "having a go" or "taking the Mick", but was to make people think about what it would be like to have that deformity and to be thankful that they didn't.
The feature had its own jingle, similar in style to Monkey News: "Ooh, Cheeky! Freak of the Week", although a different version was heard on occasion: "La Freak, c'est chic. Cheeky Freak of the Week".
The feature was later dropped by Karl after concerns that people were getting offended.
Below is an incomplete list of all the little cheaky freaks of the week
- Fella fixing watches with his feet
- Pillow man mentioned.
- Fat german man fell over, firefighters had to rescue him with a hose.
- Fella with 27 toes and fingers.
- People with deformed backlegs or 'dogpeople'
- The lobster man
- Siamese lad who got run over.
- 7 year old boy pregnant
- Weirdest couple ever married, fella had the skin of a lizard; woman was the hairiest woman ever.
- Lil fella with four eyes, two noses, and two mouths.
- Bonus freak is the smallest man in the world who was photographed leaning on an apple.