Series 2 - Daniel Radcliffe
The offer still stands...
|Original airdate||28 September 2006|
|Written by|| Ricky Gervais |
|Directed by|| Ricky Gervais |
|Guest stars|| Daniel Radcliffe
The third episode of the second series of Extras.
Darren has landed Andy a role in a film with Daniel Radcliffe. He also got Maggie some extra work in the film so he wouldn’t be alone on the set. During filming, Daniel Radcliffe approaches Maggie and tries to chat her up and impress her with his fags and condoms. Andy confides in Maggie that he is annoyed that Warwick Davis, a dwarf who is also appearing in the film, has such an attractive fiancé and he figures that if she had the choice, she would choose Andy over him. Maggie of course, feels the need to tell Warwick’s girlfriend this information. Andy takes Maggie out to a nice restaurant and gets annoyed by a loud child so he tells the waitress to get the woman to shut her kid up. Yet Andy is not aware that the woman’s son has Down syndrome. The next morning, the paparazzi are waiting for Andy outside of his home to get a statement but they don’t listen to him and twist the story around. Andy is able to sort out the situation by buying the kid an Xbox and Darren goes further by donating half of Andy’s fee, after agency deductions, for his current film to a charity chosen by the boy’s mother. Later on the set, word gets back to Warwick about what Andy said to Maggie and he confronts Andy looking for a fight. Andy inadvertently kicks Warwick in the face trying to avoid the fight and this latest scandal makes it to the newspapers while his generous gift of an Xbox gets overlooked.
- Daniel Radcliffe: I’ve done it with a girl.
Daniel Radcliffe: I’ve done it, with a girl. Intercourse wise.
- Daniel Radcliffe: Can I have my Johnny back?
Diana Rigg: May I have my Johnny back?
Daniel Radcliffe: May I have my Johnny back?
Diana Rigg: Please.
- Maggie: The only person with money that finds me attractive is a teenage boy.
Andy: It could be worse, he’s a film star, he’s got his own condom.
- Darren: And the thing is he didn’t realize that the kid was, you know, mentally deranged or whatever, because he could only see him from behind. And I defy anyone to be able to identify from behind, you know, one of these mongoloids.
- Darren: (reads) ”TV bully kicks dwarf in face.”
Andy: Accurate, but as you say there’s no such thing as bad publicity.
Darren: (reads) “Pick on someone your own size, fatty.”
Andy: Oh, maybe there is.
- Darren”s 52 inch plasma television comes from a real anecdote told by Stephen Merchant on an Xfm radio show on 19 July 2003. Steve’s actual television also cost £3500 but it was 42 inches.
- The opening titles of When The Whistle Blows were animated by Karl Pilkington's friend Laurie Peters. The theme song was sung by Liza Tarbuck, who plays Rita.
- For more images go to: Gallery:Extras - Series 2 Episode 3
|Series 1:||Episode 1 | Episode 2 | Episode 3 | Episode 4 | Episode 5 | Episode 6|
|Series 2:||Episode 7 | Episode 8 | Episode 9 | Episode 10 | Episode 11 | Episode 12|
|Specials:||Extras Christmas Special|
|Main Characters:||Andy Millman | Maggie Jacobs | Darren Lamb | Shaun Williamson|
|Guest Stars:||Ben Stiller | Kate Winslet | Samuel L Jackson | Patrick Stewart | others...|